mybackyardicerink.com Community

the world's premiere online community for backyard ice rinks

Alright, time to start sharing your rinks and showing us where y'all are at in the build.  I was able to fill my 24'x40' rink last night and it is now starting to freeze and another step closer to skating.  That's the benefit to living in northern Alberta, we have -20c Temperatures already.  I am interested in seeing where everyone is located and how it's going so far.  Post your questions and comments and lets get this forum active with rink building activities.

-Kris

Views: 245

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow...already freezing?  We're snowing here (GTA) right now.  Went with a nicerink setup this year, put the boards up last week, and waiting for the temps to be consistently below 0 which probably won't happen I'm guessing for a few (several?) weeks...

Need to put up the perimiter net in the back as well, maybe Sunday.

Looks like a great set up Steve.  Fingers crossed for that cold weather to come your way. 

Steve said:

Wow...already freezing?  We're snowing here (GTA) right now.  Went with a nicerink setup this year, put the boards up last week, and waiting for the temps to be consistently below 0 which probably won't happen I'm guessing for a few (several?) weeks...

Need to put up the perimiter net in the back as well, maybe Sunday.

20' x 48'.  Frame up this weekend but I still need to do the various frame stabilization and gap control measures which will take me about another week.  My set up does not look near as nice as Steve's above!  So hoping for a better rink season than last year here in the Chicago burbs.

OK looks like it been cold enough that the boys should be skating tonight

If it happen will post a image or two

This is the latest we ever had for the start of the season in Whitby in 12 years of rink building

We've been on a few times now, but it's been a PIA with all the warm weather and a leak somewhere in my liner.  Flooded it again last night but can't seem to make up much ground on the low areas.  As long as it's really cold I'm okay to skate though, even on 2 - 3" of ice in the parts.  I try to stay off those areas but my kids are fine.

Looks like 8 degrees and rain tomorrow...getting cold again Thurs onwards.

We are full on here near the front range in Colorado.  We have temps in the 50's and 60's during the day..(roughly 10-15 degrees Celsius) and we get down to the teens at night.  Skating is the best in the mornings.  We are about 30 days into our 60-70 day window to have our rink up and running.  Poured water on the 5th of December and started skating on the 14th.  I borrowed some goalie gear which completely changes the feel to the "rink".  My Bantam is dressed in the gear...not me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGq4BAb4-pE

Looks awesome Tom!  We still haven't gotten thick enough ice to skate here in the Chicagoland area.   (Which has meant stick and leaf problems; and then yesterday we got several inches of snow so now I have slush, but that is for another thread.  I will return to this thread once we are triumphantly skating.)

First skate tonight!

Great to get onto the Ice at long last Enjoy it well you can.

Eileen said:

First skate tonight!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Scan It!

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by John Vlahos.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service