EIG2

EIG2

Read more…
E-mail me when people leave their comments –

You need to be a member of My Backyard Ice Rink -World's Premiere Online Ice Rink Community to add comments!

Join My Backyard Ice Rink -World's Premiere Online Ice Rink Community

Comments

• Weather still so-so. Had a bit of freezing rain the other night so I could really use a nice cold evening to re-smooth everything, but still barely dipping below 30 each night. Got in a skate this morning anyway despite the bumps. Tomorrow should be the last warm day (fingers crossed) and we should at least get partially back to more normal temps starting Sunday. Hopefully the same will swing out your way next week too.
  • My sympathies -- I can relate.  Moved from NH to Upstate and finally settling in Traverse City, MI.  Moving decisions went like the draft.  Lots of war room discussion as to what was truly sentimental (smile).  Not sure if I have enough surface to warrant the "MagBoni".  I have been using a homemade "yooperscooper".  6' section of 6" PVC ripped and configured with a galvanized push handle (thanks steve v).  Works incredibly well to clear snow to edges before resurfacing.  takes about 5 minutes to clear my 40 x 80.  

Hows the weather there? 

• Unfortunately, in the "OMG we have too much stuff" pre-move panic last year I gave the tractor zamboni parts to a friend to try to re-configure for his John Deere.   I'm back to the rubber hose/rink rake on the new rink for the time being.   I intend make a new/improved version, however, but just haven't managed to put a pencil to it and figure out how&what I need quite yet.   Somewhere, I have a sketch of the old version that I hastily drew up for an acquaintance in Maine one year.  It's buried somewhere on my Hard Drive so if I find it I'll shoot a copy to you if you like.

• Great looking rink, Magnus.  Have you had the tractor on the new ice surface yet?  Would love to hear how you configured it.  

This reply was deleted.